HAMBURGER TEXAS TOAST STYLE SANDWICHES
4 hamburger patties
Miracle Whip salad dressing
spices (each 1/2 tablespoon per patty)
meat tenderizer seasoning
- Prepare patties with spices above, sauté in a skillet over low heat to get a evenly cooked patties. Add sliced onion and let it cook until soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- When patties are nearly done, toast 8 slices of Texas toast bread.
- Spread your choice of mustard, ketchup, or salad dressing on toast.
- Place patties on the toast and add the softened onion on top; add tomatoes, lettuce, and dill pickle. Cover with bun top and slice, if desired.
- Serve with steak fries and cole slaw and an ice cold glass of tea.
QUICK SMOTHERED HAMBURGERS
- Lean ground beef (sufficient for number of meat patties needed)
- Use 1 can for up to 4 hamburgers; 2 cans for 5-6.
- Season ground beef as desired, make into patties, and cook in large skillet until almost done. Add soup and stir slightly to mix with pan drippings. Cover and simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes. Serve with rice.
- Campbell's beefy mushroom soup
2 lbs. chopped meat
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 sm. green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 c. bread crumbs
- Combine meat, onion, green pepper, salt and bread crumbs. Mix well, then add eggs and continue to mix. Make patties to desired size. Fry, broil or barbecue. Serve on buns with French fries.
1 lb. ground meat (to make 4 patties)
1/2 tsp. dried onion
1/2 tsp. garlic
Pepper as per taste
- Knead onion, garlic and pepper into meat to mix thoroughly. Divide into portions, make patties (i.e. 1/4 pound or 1/2 pound each). Grill on fairly hot grill.
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 env. meat loaf mix
1/2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. mustard
1/4 c. chopped onions
- Mix all ingredients. Shape into patties and grill or broil until done.
1 whole cabbage, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 c. long grain rice
1 1/2 lb. hamburger
16 oz. spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
3 c. water
6-8 strips bacon
- In large skillet fry bacon until it just starts to get transparent, do not cook completely; set aside. Put 1/2 cabbage in 13 x 9-inch pan. In same large skillet and bacon grease, saute onion and rice together. Spread over cabbage in pan. Using entire 1 1/2 pound hamburger, make one big meat patty. Fry in same skillet as before 5 minutes on each side; add salt and pepper. Meat may still be a little pink inside. Chop patty up and sprinkle over onion and rice. Finally, mix the sauce and water together in the skillet and bring to a boil. Poke holes through the layers already in the pan with a butter knife to let the sauce mixture seep through. Pour on sauce mixture. Top with bacon; cover. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Serves 8.
HOW TO COOK HAMBURGERS :