Monday, July 12, 2010

Cooking Light Pizza

Cooking Light Pizza
  • I absolutely love cooking. I try and home cook most nights of the week (as I do love eating out too!). If in need of recipes then Cooking Light Recipes are fantastic and we all know that the magazine is well illustrated, thoughtfully laid out and generally full of great information. But like any magazine they are a little pricey and I know I can’t always afford to pick a copy up. So where can you get free Cooking Light Recipes?
  • Luckily for us… The Cooking Light website is laden with loads of awesome free recipes for us to try ourselves at home. The website is also laid out nicely and thoughtfully, very much like the magazine.
  • You can find all sorts of recipes in many many types and for many budgets. There are even plenty of vegetarian recipes for people like me.
  • One of my favorite recipes from the Cooking Light website is the Spinach and Ricotta Pizza. It’s veggie, pretty cheap and feels like a much more high end meal than say mac and cheese or beans on toast (as us English eat)!
  • I do however make a few variations to this already awesome recipe. Here is the Cooking Light
INGREDIENTS :
1 portion Homemade Pizza Dough
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup New York–Style Pizza Sauce
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
2 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced

PREPARATIONS :

  • Firstly I use my own pizza base recipe that can be found here: Quick Flat Bread.
  • Then I use my own homemade tomato sauce but I simmer it for a little longer to thicken it up. Sometimes I blend it smooth sometimes I leave it chunky. This recipe can be found here: Spaghetti Sauce Recipe.
  • It’s really easy to make and can varied depending on what you have in the fridge.
  • They also have some other great recipes including burritos, pastas, salads and much much more. You can search here: Cooking Light Recipes.
  • So… have you made any of these meals or snacks using recipes found either in the Cooking Light magazine or website? As we all know they are almost always of the highest quality and if you make them as intended you will rarely get bad results…. If you do on any recipes I would love to know. I love making Pizza, Pasta, Curry, Mexican Food of all sorts and although I steer clear of them, I love the dessert recipes too. Especially chocolate based ones!
  • You may also be interested in another recent post of ours about Pampered Chef Recipes, another fantastic cooking and recipe resource.
HOW TO COOK HAMBURGERS :

No comments:

Post a Comment