- Add a tossed green salad and sautéed red and green bell pepper strips for a satisfying family-friendly meal.
8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef, extra lean
1 cup prechopped onion
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon dry sherry
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1.Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2.Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until slightly thick. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3.Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
Calories: 322 (27% from fat)
Fat: 9.8g (sat 4.4g,mono 3.5g,poly 1.1g)
OTHER RECIPES :
QUICK AND EASY HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
1 pkg. Betty Crocker scalloped or augratin potatoes
1 lb. hamburger, browned
1 can creamed corn
- Prepare potatoes by package directions, but omit 1 cup water. Stir in corn and hamburger. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
2 c. cooked rice
2 cans tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp. oregano
Bell pepper (optional)
1/2 to 1 c. grated cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Drain meat. Mix well in large bowl - beef, rice, tomatoes and part of the cheese. Put in large casserole dish, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Heat in oven until bubbly at 350 degrees.
HOW TO COOK HAMBURGERS :