- Why not make you own healthy burgers using good quality minced beef and no nasties. The delicious hamburger recipe can be made with beef, lamb or chicken. You can serve the burgers in a toasted bun, with extras like lettuce, pickled cucumber, sliced tomato, thinly sliced sautéed onion and maybe a little ketchup or mustard.
450g/1lb lean minced beef or lamb
1 onion peeled and finely chopped
100g chopped red pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
1 beef stock cube, finely grated
1/2 lightly beaten egg
60g fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a little flour
vegetable oil for frying, or brushing a griddle pan
- Fry the onion and red pepper in the vegetable oil for about 5 minutes o until softened. In a mixing bowl, combine the sautéed onion together with all the other ingredients. With floured hands, form 10 burgers.
- Fry the burgers in a little hot oil in a large shallow frying pan on a high heat to brown and seal then lower the heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Alternatively, brush the griddle and cook for about 4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining burgers.
1/4 c Plus 1 Tbs. plain non-fat yogurt
1 oz Crumbled feta cheese (1/4 cup )
1/2 ts Ground cumin
1 Ib low fat ground beef
1/4 c Minced green onions
1/4 c Cilantro leaves, finely minced
1 lg Clove garlic, crushed
1 tb Grated fresh gingeroot
4 Lettuce leaves
20 Very thin slices peeled cucumber
4 Onion: rolls, split and toasted
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, cheese and cumin; blend with fork until cheese is finely crumbled. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Combine beef and next 4 ingredients, mixing well. Shape into 4 patties.
- Cook in non stick skillet, or grill 3 inches from heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat and juices are no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Place lettuce leaf, 5 slices on cucumber and beef patty on each roll half.
- Top with 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture and remaining half roll.
HOW TO COOK HAMBURGERS :